Turn off Messenger From Facebook on the Desktop
- Log in to Facebook on your computer and select the Messenger icon in the upper-right corner.
2. Select the Options icon (three dots) in the upper-right corner of the chat sidebar.
3. Select Turn Off Active Status.
4. In the Active Status window, select Turn off active status for all contacts if you don’t want your online status visible to anyone.
5. Select Turn off active status for all contacts except if you want to allow only certain contacts to see your online status. Enter the names of anyone you want to allow.
6. Select Turn off active status for only some contacts to prevent certain people from seeing your online status, then enter those names.
7. Select Okay.